To enable attendees to become familiar with the process of creating EMu Reports using Excel and/or Crystal Reports.
A two day workshop; each attendee has exclusive access to a PC running the EMu client, MS Excel and Crystal Reports software. PCs are networked to a server machine on which the EMu server and database engine are installed. Each attendee has access to a complete EMu system, including the backend databases.
Previous experience with Crystal Reports creation is highly recommended.
- Introduction To EMu Reports
- Reports out of the box
- The Mechanics Of ReportingSoftware Versions Used In This Documentation
- Running a report in EMu
- Crystal Reports Viewer
- How To Create A Report In Microsoft Excel (Without The Need For Visual Basic Code!)
- How to create an Excel report with cut & paste
- How to export data in CSV format
- How to locate and open the .csv file generated when a report is run
- How To Create A Report
- Create the report in EMu
- How To Create A Crystal Report Using The Crystal Reports Wizard
- How To Save The Report To The EMu Server
- How To Create A Crystal Report Using A Blank Report
- How To Edit A Report
- How To Modify An Existing Crystal Report
- Modify an existing report (add multimedia to a report)
- Additional Exercises: Removing a field from a report and Using the Blank Report method