Teaches how to use the Import Tool to batch import new records and to update existing records in EMu.
One or two day course depending on the skills / experience of trainees.
How to use EMu training course (or experience with the concepts covered in the How to use EMu training course).
The Courseware Table of Contents includes:
- Section 1 - About this course
- Section 2 - The Import Tool
- Permissions and Import Tool Registry settings
- Section 3 - How to build an Import file
- Data file formats supported by the Import Tool 7
- Kinds of fields that can be specified in an Import data file 8
- How to find the back-end column name
- Atomic reference (an attachment field)
- Table reference (a table of attachments)
- Section 4 - How to update records with the Import Tool
- Section 5 - How to append data to a table using the Import Tool
- Section 6 - How to generate the XML by running a report